How do we treat our own residential roofing? Maybe the most underrated yet most important part of your household is the one that keeps you sheltered from sunlight, rains, snows, thunderstorms, and hurricanes combined altogether. We unknowingly overlook its importance because we rarely see it. But we all know that it is highly important our attentions are fixed on securing our roof to also ensure our families’ safety.
Whatever the color and the shape, it is needful that our roofs are the best of their kind to be able to experience the best days ahead without worrying about possible storms and accidents.
Roofings Back Then
Years back, the only prevalent and available roofing material are wood. Try to imagine a few thousand years before that, and you are left with a question of how prehistoric people slept under the moon and stars. The answer is that they had unconventional ways to shelter themselves from the weather and animals.
It could go from mud and straw roofs, palm leaves, Plain Indians used animal skin such as buffalo and deer for their tipi, and the basics would be wood, rocks, or clay combined. It was only in 3,000 BC where tiled roofs have been recorded to exist, coming from one of the oldest civilizations, China. As they advanced in Economy, they have also advanced in Art and Architecture. In Equatorial countries, however, sugar cane roofing is the best choice for it is way cheaper than clay tiles, and it is also heat resistant.
The Popular Roofing Types
There are about 5 popular roof types that are a friend to many US residents. Here are 5 of them:
1. Asphalt Roofing Shingles – The most sustainable and cost-effective one for many is the best pick they do not trade for anything. Because of its weather-resistant nature, these Roofing Shingles are the best when it comes to pulling off a good quality roof tile that does not require much attention or maintenance, for it lasts for about 10 or even up to 30 years! How amazing is that?
It is also a surprising thing to note that this is inexpensive. It is so good I can’t stress it more.
2. Slate Roofing – This is a quite popular type not only in the US but in other countries as well. The design is familiar to most of us, for this roofing system has been around for a hundred years now. The estimated lifespan of this wonder is around ten decades. That’s even more surprising than the first roof!
The quality of the Slate roof is pleasurable even to the eyes, for it has a natural earth tone color. The weight of the Slate is heavy enough, so even when it rains, the thundering sound that the rain sends gives little to no bother to the people in the house. The heaviness gives a challenge to how it is installed, but the hard work surely pays off afterward.
3. Metal Roofs – Metal roofs are one of the most popular roofing nowadays for they provide basic protections your family needs, most especially providing a waterproof roof safe from storms. Among all the types, this is the most modern. This is resistant to fire, winds, moisture, and snow. Water could just easily flow down from it.
4. Clay Tile Roofing – This roofing system creates moms and dads with aesthetic taste, happy for they can easily choose from colors, size, and shape they like. These tiles are heavier than Slate Roofing, but they are more fragile, so it takes a skilled worker to install them on the roof strategically.
5. Flat Roof or Composite & Rubber Roofing Systems – This is the most sustainable roofing system that there is just yet. It is composed of recyclable materials mostly made up of used car tires. If you want to go zero-waste, this is for you.
Although it may appear too expensive, this is a cost-effective roofing system, for it lasts for about 50 years, with proper maintenance and repairs.
What then is the best Residential roofing system?
It depends on the experts you are teaming up with for your Roofing System choice. All these are the best when it fits your budget, your preference, and if it fits your situation, you are in for a safe and best roofing your family.
A person may argue one type is better than the other, but come to think of it, if none of these have been used before, then what did people have above their heads? We will just be surprised by how they survived, but these are good enough to make a house full.
Whatever type of roofing there is, as long as it is safe, durable, long-lasting, and cost-effective for your budget, it will be great enough to shelter you.
So, which residential and commercial roofing experts team is best?
Much more than considering how good your material is, it is critical that you choose the right people to do the task. No matter how sturdy your materials, if the people who put them together are not qualified and do not have the expertise, I’m scared to say you’re on a dangerous path.
Do not forget that roofings have their kind of system to follow, and not all of them have the same kind of application. Some are more fragile than others, so leaving it all in your hands might just be the worst idea you could have. Contact licensed and well-rounded professionals.
The best residential roofing in Utah and even commercial roofing in Utah is provided by a trusted company called RoofPros. Their expertise with building and maintaining buildings is trustworthy enough to mention. Aside from installing, their services also include Lead working, Slating & Tiling, Soffits & Guttering, and Flat Roofing.
If you also need repairs, replacement, and inspections for your roofs, be it residential or commercial, RoofPros does an excellent job when your roof has done all it can. We should not wait until it is late and your safety is at stake. These well-trained teams who put high importance on quality work are available. Just contact them here.